LIVE German 2025 Election Results as they come in and analysi on who will be the next German Chancellor.

When are the German Elections?

The Elections are on Sunday the 23rd of Feb 2025

Why are they having a snap election?

The German coalition government failed a no confidence vote

Do Germans vote?

Germans vote in big numbers, usually as high 70+ percent voter turnout

Ex-Chelsea star told he could reach ‘another level’ by joining Manchester United

Ex-Chelsea star told he could reach ‘another level’ by joining Manchester United | Football

TL;DR – Two-minute read

Tim Howard expressed his desire to see Christian Pulisic, formerly of Chelsea, join Manchester United following the forward’s impressive form at AC Milan. Pulisic contributed eight goals and two assists in Serie A this season, prompting interest from major clubs. Howard believes Pulisic could excel in the Premier League after a successful stint in Italy.

Former Chelsea forward Christian Pulisic has been linked with a move to Manchester United, according to comments made by Tim Howard. The former Manchester United and United States goalkeeper shared his thoughts on the potential transfer during a recent episode of “Unfiltered Soccer.”

Tim Howard expressed confidence that Pulisic could reach “another level” in the Premier League. Pulisic, who is currently playing for AC Milan, has made a significant impact in Serie A, scoring eight goals and providing two assists this season, which has reportedly attracted interest from Manchester United, Arsenal, and Liverpool.

Howard compared Pulisic’s situation to that of Kevin De Bruyne and Mohamed Salah, both of whom improved abroad before thriving in the Premier League. He stated, “He’s put AC Milan on his back and he’s been the best player in that league,” suggesting that Pulisic has matured and developed since his time at Chelsea.

Howard articulated the importance of Pulisic’s mentality regarding a potential transfer. He noted, “If he’s really saying, ‘I want more of that, I’ve got something to prove here,’… I’d like to see him on these teams.” He believes a move to one of the top clubs would provide Pulisic with a clear plan for his career.

Landon Donovan, Howard’s podcast co-host and another former US international, acknowledged Pulisic’s talent but raised concerns about his physical ability to compete at the highest level consistently due to past injury issues. He remarked, “I don’t know physically if he could do it every single week for two or three years like some of these guys because it’s really hard.”

As Pulisic continues to impress in Serie A, the footballing world will be watching closely to see if a transfer materialises this summer.

France arrests four suspects in death of far-right activist in Lyon

TL;DR – Key developments in France arrests four suspects in death of far-right activist in Lyon

• Four suspects have been arrested over the death of French far-right activist Quentin Deranque in Lyon, according to the city’s public prosecutor.
• Deranque, aged 23, died from a brain injury sustained during a far-right protest against MEP Rima Hassan last week.
• An assistant of a member of parliament from the hard-left France Unbowed (LFI) party is among those detained.
• The incident has heightened tensions between France’s far right and hard left ahead of the municipal elections in March.
• A commemorative march for Deranque is scheduled in Lyon next Saturday.

Four suspects arrested in killing of French far-right activist in Lyon

Investigators have arrested four suspects over the death of a French far-right activist in Lyon, according to the city’s public prosecutor. The arrests follow the death of 23-year-old Quentin Deranque, who died from a severe brain injury after being attacked by at least six people last week during a far-right protest against Member of the European Parliament Rima Hassan at Sciences Po Lyon university. This incident holds significant implications as it intensifies tensions between France’s far right and hard left ahead of the municipal elections in March.

The anti-immigration group Nemesis, which described Deranque as providing security for its members during the protest, has accused La Jeune Garde, an anti-fascist youth group co-founded by hard-left activist Raphaël Arnault, of being responsible for the killing. French Justice Minister Gérald Darmanin stated, “It is manifestly the ultra-left who killed him,” while government officials have blamed both the France Unbowed (LFI) party and La Jeune Garde for fuelling the violence.

A video of the attack allegedly shows a dozen people hitting three individuals lying on the ground. The Lyon prosecutor’s office is treating the case as voluntary homicide and aggravated assault but has refrained from addressing the claims directed at specific groups. A minute of silence for Deranque was observed in the French National Assembly on Tuesday, with plans for a commemorative march scheduled next Saturday in Lyon.

Arsenal urged to sign ‘special’ £82m star ahead of Chelsea: ‘He’s got everything’

Arsenal urged to sign ‘special’ £82m star ahead Chelsea: ‘He’s got everything’ | Football

TL;DR – Two-minute read

Emmanuel Petit urged Arsenal to sign Julian Alvarez amid increasing transfer speculation following his prolific debut season at Atletico Madrid, where he netted 29 goals since his £82m transfer from Manchester City. As interest mounts from both Chelsea and Barcelona, Arsenal’s sporting director Andrea Berta could influence negotiations for the striker ahead of the summer window.

Emmanuel Petit has urged Arsenal to pursue the signing of Julian Alvarez, following rising speculation regarding his future at Atletico Madrid. The former Manchester City striker, who transferred to Atletico for £82 million, has enjoyed a successful first season, scoring 29 goals, and has attracted interest from several clubs ahead of the next transfer window.

According to UK News, Chelsea is reportedly advancing in their pursuit of Alvarez, while Barcelona is also interested. Arsenal, however, could have the advantage in negotiations, as their sporting director, Andrea Berta, was instrumental in Alvarez’s move to Atletico in the summer of 2024. Petit believes signing the 25-year-old should be a top priority for Arsenal, affirming that he possesses the qualities needed to thrive under manager Mikel Arteta.

Petit praised Alvarez’s capabilities, stating, “He can score goals and give assists, but he’s got temper, personality, and character.” He highlighted Alvarez’s intelligent movement and technical proficiency, asserting that he would be a significant addition to any top European club. Barcelona defender Ronald Araujo also spoke highly of Alvarez, asserting, “He’s a great player; for me, he’s one of the best strikers in the world.”

As the summer transfer window approaches, Arsenal’s pursuit of Julian Alvarez could see them compete with other leading clubs for his signature. The Gunners will be looking to solidify their attacking options ahead of the new season.

US Ambassador Bill White meets Belgium’s Foreign Ministry amid controversy

TL;DR – Diplomatic row erupts after US ambassador challenges Belgian investigation

• Belgium summoned US Ambassador Bill White after he criticised a local circumcision investigation as antisemitic.
• Belgian officials accused White of overstepping diplomatic boundaries and interfering in domestic legal matters.
• Foreign Minister Maxime Prévot called the ambassador’s remarks “dangerous disinformation.”
• Authorities stressed that circumcision remains legal in Belgium when performed under proper medical supervision.
• The dispute highlights growing tensions over sovereignty, religious rights and diplomatic protocol.

Belgium summons US ambassador over circumcision row

Belgium has formally reprimanded the United States ambassador after he publicly criticised an investigation into unauthorised circumcisions, describing the probe as antisemitic.

Ambassador Bill White was summoned to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs on Tuesday following comments posted on X in which he declared that “antisemitism is unacceptable in any form and it must be rooted out of our society.”

Belgian officials responded sharply. A government spokesperson said the ambassador’s remarks misrepresented Belgian law and interfered with domestic judicial proceedings.

What triggered the dispute?

The controversy centres on an investigation into three men accused of performing circumcisions without proper medical certification.

Belgium permits circumcision when conducted under regulated medical conditions. Officials confirmed that more than 25,000 safe procedures were carried out legally last year.

Foreign Minister Maxime Prévot described the ambassador’s intervention as “wrong” and warned it risked undermining genuine efforts to combat hatred.

Vienna Convention reminder

After a 25-minute meeting, Belgium’s foreign ministry issued a pointed statement referencing the Vienna Convention on Diplomatic Relations — a clear signal that ambassadors must not interfere in a host country’s internal affairs.

While Prévot was abroad during the meeting, Secretary General Theodora Gentzis represented Belgium.

Officials reiterated that Belgium “unequivocally condemns all forms of antisemitism and racism,” rejecting any suggestion to the contrary.

Six Arrested After Man’s Hand Severed at House Party

TL:DR – Six Arrested After Man’s Hand Severed at House Party

  • An 18-year-old had his hand severely injured during a birthday party on Colin Close, Huyton, in September.
  • He sought help at the Stanley Arms pub, where he was found with significant injuries.
  • Six individuals have been arrested, including an 18-year-old and a 15-year-old, both on suspicion of grievous bodily harm.
  • The police investigation has been handed to the Crown Prosecution Service.
  • Witnesses described chaotic scenes and significant blood at the scene.

Six people arrested after man’s hand ‘cut clean off’ at house party | News UK



Merseyside Police scene on Colin Close in Huyton.
The victim ran into a nearby pub for help (Picture: Liverpool Echo)

After an 18-year-old had his hand sliced ‘clean off’ during a birthday party last September, six people have been detained.

During a party in a home on Colin Close in Huyton, the man was attacked before running into the Stanley Arms on Roby Road, directly across the road from the party, shortly after midnight on Saturday, September 27.

A 17-year-old also suffered a minor hand injury during the incident, but received treatment after.

Now, Merseyside Police have arrested an 18-year-old man on suspicion of grievous bodily harm with intent and wounding with intent.

They also arrested a 15-year-old boy on suspicion of grievous bodily harm with intent and a third man, aged 18, on suspicion of wounding with intent, but they were released on conditional bail.

Sign up for all of the latest stories

It comes after three 17-year-old boys were arrested last November on suspicion of assisting an offender in relation to the attack.

Merseyside Police scene on Colin Close in Huyton.
Six people have now been arrested in relation to the attack (Picture: Liverpool Echo)

Merseyside Police said the case has been passed to the Crown Prosecution Service for review.

Neighbours previously said the doors of the home ‘burst open’ as people ran out of the property shortly after the incident.

Another source said the man ran into the pub with ‘part of his arm hacked off’.

Dried blood was visible on the door frame and doorstep of the property on Colin Close as police worked in the area in the days that followed the incident.

The pub remained shut on the day after the incident while professional cleaners worked at the scene.

One witness said: ‘There was blood everywhere and the pub was seconds away from locking the doors when he ran in.’

One neighbour added: ‘I was watching the aftermath of the Ryder Cup and I just saw this large group of young people appear in the alleyway just after midnight.

‘They were there behind the houses, and there were more than 10, but I couldn’t be certain how many exactly.’

Comment now

Comments

Add UK News as a Preferred Source on Google

Add as preferred source

Breaking News

Never miss the biggest stories with breaking news alerts in your inbox.

Trump Warns Iran: Urgent Need for Nuclear Deal to Avoid Consequences

TL:DR – Trump Warns Iran: Urgent Need for Nuclear Deal to Avoid Consequences

  • US-Iran talks on Iran’s nuclear programme resume in Geneva amid heightened tensions.
  • Iran has shut down the Strait of Hormuz, accusing the US of threats amid military exercises with Russian and Chinese participation.
  • Iranian Foreign Minister Abbas Araghchi claims a fair deal is possible, rejecting submission to threats.
  • Ayatollah Khamenei warns the US about its military assets, referencing President Trump’s deployment of the USS Gerald R Ford to the region.

Trump issues warning to Iran if it doesn’t reach nuclear deal | News World


As the US and Iran hold their second round of talks about Iran’s nuclear programme in Geneva, Iran shut down a key maritime strait and issued a direct threat to the United States.

Negotiations with the US today are focused on Iran’s nuclear programme and won’t address the country’s bloody crackdown on protesters, for which Donald Trump threatened to use force. Talking to reporters on Monday night aboard Air Force One on his way to Washington, Trump said he planned to be involved in the talks, at least indirectly.

‘I think they want to make a deal. I don’t think they want the consequences of not making a deal,’ he said.

Today, the Strait of Hormuz has been shut for several hours for ‘safety and maritime concerns’ as Ali Khamenei’s forces hold live fire military exercises. This is the first time that Iran has closed parts of the Strait, an essential international waterway, since the US began threatening Iran with military action. There are reports that Russian and Chinese ships joined Iranian ships for the exercises.

Mandatory Credit: Photo by Sepahnews/ZUMA Press Wire/Shutterstock (16667602e) Troops standing at attention during a military drill in the Persian Gulf, southern Iran. The Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps (IRGC) conducted a large-scale exercise in the Strait of Hormuz. These drills come in response to an increased U.S. military presence in the Middle East amidst escalating regional tensions. On February 16, the IRGC began a series of military exercises in the Strait of Hormuz just before talks with the United States. IRGC Launches Military Exercise In The Strait Of Hormuz, Persian Gulf, Iran - 16 Feb 2026

The Iranian foreign minister said they will not submit to threats. Abbas Araghchi, who is leading the talks for Iran, stated: ‘I am in Geneva with real ideas to achieve a fair and equitable deal. What is not on the table: submission before threats.’

Just hours later, Khamenei’s official social media account posted: ‘The US President keeps saying that they have the strongest military force in the world. The strongest military force in the world may at times be struck so hard that it cannot get up again.’

Khamenei has stepped up his warnings to the US over its build-up of military forces in the Middle East.

Mandatory Credit: Photo by Sepahnews/ZUMA Press Wire/Shutterstock (16667602n) Navy ships during a military drill in the Persian Gulf, southern Iran. The Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps (IRGC) conducted a large-scale exercise in the Strait of Hormuz. These drills come in response to an increased U.S. military presence in the Middle East amidst escalating regional tensions. On February 16, the IRGC began a series of military exercises in the Strait of Hormuz just before talks with the United States. IRGC Launches Military Exercise In The Strait Of Hormuz, Persian Gulf, Iran - 16 Feb 2026

‘Of course, a warship is a dangerous apparatus, but more dangerous than the warship is the weapon that can sink the warship into the depths of the sea,’ he threatened. The Ayatollah appears to be referencing Trump sending the USS Gerald R Ford, the world’s largest aircraft carrier, from the Caribbean Sea to the Middle East to join other warships and military assets the US has built up in the region.

The Ford will join the USS Abraham Lincoln and its accompanying guided-missile destroyers, which have been in the region for more than two weeks.

LIVE German 2025 Election