Advertisements
Politics

20 Indian soldiers killed in ‘violent face-off’ with Chinese Army

20 Indian soldiers killed in 'violent face-off' with Chinese army at Ladakh, Galwan Valley.

20 Indian soldiers killed in ‘violent face-off’ with Chinese army at Ladakh 32 captured and 4 missing

A total of 20 Indian soldiers died on Tuesday as a result of border clashes with Chinese troops in the northern Himalayan region of Ladakh, according to a statement by the Indian military.

“Indian and Chinese troops have disengaged at the Galwan area where they had earlier clashed on the night of 15/16 June 2020,” said the Army’s statement.

32 Indian soldiers captured, 4 missing

According to local Indian army sources, WTX News learned that four soldiers are currently missing and a further 32 “were handed back after being captured”.

Breaking News of Clashes between India and China -20 Indian soldiers killed in 'violent face-off' with Chinese army at Ladakh

According to local Indian army sources, WTX News learned that four soldiers are currently missing and a further 32 “were handed back after being captured”.

According to local reports, both sides “have disengaged” after 17 Indian troops were injured. The injured troops “exposed to sub-zero temperatures in the high altitude terrain have succumbed to their injuries”, added ANI. This brought the death toll, from the earlier reported three to 20, it said.

“Indian Army is firmly committed to protecting the territorial integrity and sovereignty of the nation,” it added.

According to earlier reports by Indian media, three troops, including an officer and two soldiers were among those killed near the Line of Actual Control (LAC).

The soldiers were killed in a “physical fight” which involved the use of stones and batons, in a brutal fight

“During the de-escalation process underway in the Galwan Valley, a violent face-off took place yesterday night with casualties. The loss of lives on the Indian side includes an officer and two soldiers. Senior military officials of the two sides are currently meeting at the venue to defuse the situation,” quoting an official statement.

Beijing accuses India of crossing border, ‘attacking personnel’

China, in response to India’s statement, accused Indian troops of crossing a disputed border between the two countries, reported AFP.

Foreign ministry spokesman Zhao Lijian said Indian troops crossed the borderline twice on Monday, “provoking and attacking Chinese personnel, resulting in a serious physical confrontation between border forces on the two sides”.

Beijing has lodged “strong protests and solemn representations” to Delhi, he said.

“We once again solemnly ask the Indian side to follow our consensus, strictly regulate its front-line troops and do not cross the line, do not stir up troubles or make unilateral moves that may complicate matters,” Press Trust of India quoted Lijian as saying.

He added, “China and Indian side agreed to resolve the bilateral issues through dialogue to ease the border situation and maintain peace and tranquillity in border areas.”

…………………………………….

Click to comment

You must be logged in to post a comment Login

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

To Top
%d bloggers like this: