MY World

Death toll from Christchurch attacks grows to 51 after Turkish man dies

Turkish man wounded in Christchurch mosque attack dies

The death toll from the Christchurch mosque attacks has risen to 51 after a Turkish man who had been hospitalised, died!

Advertisements

The death toll from the Terrorist attacks in Christchurch has risen to 51 after a Turkish man who had been hospital receiving treatment died last night.

Seven weeks, today the Far-right White supremacist opened fire on worshippers in a Mosques and destroyed the lives of a peaceful community.

New Zealand Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern shared the sad news along with Turkish authorities and PM Arden went on to say said in a statement that ‘the loss would be felt across both countries.’

“This man has been in intensive care since the attack,” Ardern said in a statement. “We have all been hoping for the best, however, he has now succumbed to the injuries sustained in the shooting at the Al Noor mosque.”

World Press Freedom Day being observed today

World Press Freedom – Support our free Journalism with a one-off donation – People like you make WTX possible – Thank you!

World Press Freedom Day being observed today – Support WTX News and others who work night and day to bring you the most compelling news stories like the Khashoggi murder, which we broke in the UK!

£29.00

On Thursday, Turkey’s Foreign Minister Mevlut Cavusoglu said on Twitter: “Unfortunately, we have lost our citizen Zekeriya Tuyan who was seriously wounded in the treacherous terrorist attack in Christchurch, New Zealand.”

The Turkish News Agency said the father of two was wounded in the back and the leg and died after undergoing surgery. New Zealand police said Tuyan was 46. He was one of three Turkish citizens wounded in the attack.

Ardern said Tuyan was only the second victim to die while in the hospital after one other victim was unable to be resuscitated on arrival at Christchurch Hospital on the day of the attacks.

She said that of the other 49 men, women and children who were shot and wounded in the attacks, nine remained hospitalised and all of them were in a stable condition.

New Zealand’s Foreign Minister Winston Peters travelled to Turkey a week after the attacks. He spoke at an emergency session of the Organization of Islamic Cooperation’s executive committee called by Turkey to combat prejudice against Muslims in the wake of the attacks.

………………………………………………………………

PLEASE FOLLOW US ON SOCIAL MEDIA AND SHARE WTX NEWS PLATFORMS, ESPECIALLY IF YOU LIKE US:

Facebook – Please like our page

Twitter  – Please follow us and Tweet us, we would love to hear from you

Instagram – Follow our pages 

World Press Freedom Day being observed today

World Press Freedom – Support our free Journalism with a one-off donation – People like you make WTX possible – Thank you!

World Press Freedom Day being observed today – Support WTX News and others who work night and day to bring you the most compelling news stories like the Khashoggi murder, which we broke in the UK!

£29.00

Advertisements
Click to comment

You must be logged in to post a comment Login

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

The Latest

To Top
%d bloggers like this: