India and Pakistan in ‘uncharted waters’
If you have been reclused for the past few days or are just joining us, here’s a quick recap on this fast-moving story: The most serious flare-up of tensions in years and a real potential disaster for Asia. The world watches on as these two nuclear powers are plotting to make their next move.
- Pakistan are due to release the Pilot prisoner at 3 pm (10 am GMT)
- Israel hand a complicit hand in the attacks in Pakistan
- Pakistan will not attend the OIC and are pressuring The Crown prince of Abu Dhabi to revoke India’s invitation
- Indian PM Modi will not be at the Wagah border
- PM Imran Khan has agreed to release the Indian pilot as a gesture of goodwill
- Imran Khan the Pakistani pm has tried to call PM Modi to deescalate the situation
- Pakistan airspace still closed
- Nationalism and the far right are on the rise in India, putting Modi under serious pressure domestically
- India’s army is still on high alert and will defend any further incursions
- Isreali bombs were used in the attack in Pakistan
- The Israeli military has been offering tactical support and sharing intelligence with India’s military ahead of the airstrikes in Pakistan
- Backchannel dialogue is still ongoing but so far no agreement has been reached
Yesterday’s updates Wednesday 27th Feb 2019
- Pakistan says it has shot down two Indian fighter jets and arrested one pilot who is in custody
- The Indian army admits losing one aircraft in an aerial duel, saying the pilot is missing
- After initially, denying the claims of Pakistan, India is demanding the safe return of its pilot
- Pakistan’s Prime Minister Imran Khan has called for a de-escalation of the situation.
- India has summoned the Pakistan High Commissioner in Delhi to protest against ‘unprovoked aggression’
- India claims it shot a Pakistani jet – a claim denied by Islamabad and question by Indian media, so far no evidence to support this claim has been provided
Post-Pakistan air strikes and capture of an Indian pilot
- This all happened after Pakistani jets carried out “strikes” on the Indian-administered side of Kashmir
- Retaliation for Indian strikes on Tuesday targeting militants in Pakistani territory
- Pakistani Celebrities have come out onto social media insisting the army treats the prisoner of war with cordial respect.
- The Pakistan army posted on social media showing the sound treatment and care of the prisoner
- India’s Prime Minister Modi has so far made no public comments, following the Pakistani air strikes
Post-Indian air strikes – Killing suspected terrorists in Pakistani territory
- Authorities in India have banned all Pakistani actors from performing in any Bollywood movie
- Pakistan has banned all Indian movies and music from Pakistan
- Indian PM Modi claimed victory by targeting Pakistani airspace and killing suspected terror targets
- The aerial attacks across the Line of Control (LoC) dividing Indian and Pakistani territory are the first since a war in 1971 – but it’s unclear if they have caused significant casualties or damage
- They follow a militant attack in Kashmir which killed more than 40 Indian paramilitary police on 14 February
- The Line of Control (LoC) dividing Pakistani- and Indian-controlled Kashmir
Kashmir – WTX News WTX News delivers Your Daily News Briefing; The News of the world delivered with your morning coffee!
More firing in Kashmir – Deaths & injured civilians
by WTX News on April 5, 2019 at 6:18 pm
More firing in #Kashmir - Deaths & injured civilians - second deadly firing this this week The post More firing in Kashmir – Deaths & injured civilians appeared first on WTX News. […]
Breaking: Pakistan & Indian standoff Again – 3 soldiers killed in Kashmir
by WTX News on April 2, 2019 at 7:57 am
Three soldiers of the Pakistan Army were killed and one was seriously wounded The post Breaking: Pakistan & Indian standoff Again – 3 soldiers killed in Kashmir appeared first on WTX News. […]
Breaking News: Indian troops kill three more Muslims in Kashmir
by WTX News on March 28, 2019 at 7:57 am
Indian forces conducted raids on homes in Shopian and Hindwara districts kiling three Muslims The post Breaking News: Indian troops kill three more Muslims in Kashmir appeared first on WTX News. […]
The rise of Islamophobia in India, as a student is attacked in Kashmir
by WTX News on March 26, 2019 at 5:35 am
"The assailants are roaming freely in front of my house and I am not able to attend college as well" The post The rise of Islamophobia in India, as a student is attacked in Kashmir appeared first on WTX News. […]
Has Imran Khan united Pakistan? Will Modi survive?
by WTX News on March 19, 2019 at 7:05 am
PM Modi had lost control of the narrative. Any which way you spin it, Pakistan's attack took India by surprise The post Has Imran Khan united Pakistan? Will Modi survive? appeared first on WTX News. […]
Hindu Extremist burn down 200 Muslim homes in India
by WTX News on March 11, 2019 at 4:35 pm
Over 200 Muslim homes burnt in India by extremist backlash against Pakistan The post Hindu Extremist burn down 200 Muslim homes in India appeared first on WTX News. […]
World Press Freedom – Support our free Journalism with a one-off donation – People like you make WTX possible – Thank you!
World Press Freedom Day being observed today – Support WTX News and others who work night and day to bring you the most compelling news stories like the Khashoggi murder, which we broke in the UK!